Sunday 7 August 2011

Old School Red Eye strikes again! This time with Animation! ;)

Hey Peeps! It is I bringing you the latest developments in moi's Artistic life! :D

But before I do let's start with what this latest Update is really about as you can obviously guess from my Title. Just like I've done with all my old Sketchbook work from Years back (when I was still trying to find my path in life), I've also decided to take a look back at some of my old Animation Shorts I made during my 1st Year studying animation at Uni and I have to say it's amazing seeing how much my style has developed since then! O_o

This was the very first animation project I made in my 1st Year at University.  For this project we had to split up into groups of 4 and show what little nuisances in life annoyed us the most. After much discussion our group decided to go down the bad table manners route using the mouth to illustrate these disgusting eating habits in a surreal, exaggerated manner. For this group project I teamed up with Natalie Young, Joshua Kahan and Max Eldridge. :)

During the 1st Year at Uni we had a week trip around the Television department so we could get a better understanding of how to work around the TV Studio. On one of the days we split up into small groups and made mini films in the format of our choice. I teamed up with Kristin Wright and Alex Parperis and together (without sound) we went down the Stop-Motion route and here is our result. :)

"Sound Of Place" was the name of one of the units I had to complete during my 1st Year studying animation at University. As you may guess this was a sound based project. Despite being more of a storyteller myself, I decided to instead to just focus on getting the feel of the scenery right so took the non narrative route. The sound was made by Alex Williams. :)

In the "Pick & Mix" Project I had to work closely with a Sound Designer for the first time to create the right scenery for my Film "Land Of Childhood Wonder". Unlike my usual dark style, this Film takes on a much more lighter tone and is a Tribute to my cousin Haider Razak who sadly passed away at the age of just 22. (R.I.P.) The Sound was made by Robert Kubicki. :)

And finally here's something I did in my 2nd Year at Uni involving my much loved Devil Bunny in 3D! :D

You're all probably thinking when am I going to Upload "Bitter Critter"? All in good time me Dearies I'm just going to try and enter it into Festivals first so fingers crossed I'll be successful. :) I'll give myself til November and if I don't succeed THEN I'll Upload it.

And before I bring this Blog to a close here's a quick Update. I've come up with an idea for a Comic and have designed some of the characters for it but I'm still completing them so expect the next Update to either be some time next week or the week after. :)



Well that's all for now folks and until next time...

See ya later Navigators! :D



Noor "Red Eye" Mula

No comments:

Post a Comment